|Location:||Carteret, Craven, Jones, & Onslow Counties|
A career with RI International means more than realizing your potential. It means becoming a part of a team with integrity and absolute commitment to creating opportunities and environments that empower people to recover and we’re actively seeking exceptional individuals to take us even further.
We are GROWING and are looking for talented North Carolina Certified Peers for our Outreach services for local communities covering the Onslow, Carteret or Jones county
Join an exciting team of recovery leaders as we "create opportunities and environments that empower people to recover."
We are actively recruiting for the following positions:
- Part- Time 20 hours
An Outreach Peer Support Specialist provides recovery training, outreach and support to adults receiving mental health or substance abuse services in the community. Works with Adults providing hope, encouragement, support, self determination, and connection to the community. Assists in implementing creating a recovery environment. Acts as an advocate for the needs and rights of every person.
This position can be based from home and will require driving throughout the assigned region.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Lived experience as a consumer of mental health services or substance use challenges required
- North Carolina Peer Support Specialist Certification required within 6 months of hire date
- Familiarity and competency with computers
- Valid driver's license, clean 36 month driving report and proof of auto insurance required
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel throughout the assigned region as needed
- Will be required to safely operate a motor vehicle
Works in a standard office, behavioral health clinical areas and in the community with some exposure to hazardous situations. Some risk involved in the event of agitated consumers. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary function. Schedule will include travel throughout geographic region.
We offer a great work culture and environment so if you are ready to really make a difference in people’s lives and join our team of professionals who care, then take the next step and apply now!
EEO/AA We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or any other legally protected status.