Peer Support Specialist - NC New Bern (Part Time)
|Department:||102613 New Bern|
|Location:||New Bern, NC|
A Recovery Innovations career means more than realizing your potential. It means becoming a part of a team with integrity and absolute commitment to creating opportunities and environments that empower people to recover and we’re actively seeking exceptional individuals to take us even further.
Recovery Innovations, a worldwide leader in creating and delivering innovative recovery-based mental health and substance use programs, is seeking talented Certified Peers for our New Bern, East Carolina Behavioral Health services. Join an exciting team of recovery leaders as we "create opportunities and environments that empower people to recover."
We are actively recruiting for the following positions:
Part Time (20 hours per week)
Position Summary: A Wellness City Peer Support Specialist provides recovery training, outreach and support to adults receiving mental health or substance abuse services in the community. Works with Adults providing hope, encouragement, support, self determination, and connection to the community. Assists in implementing creating a recovery environment. Acts as an advocate for the needs and rights of every person.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in developing natural supports and community living so a greater sense of identity is established.
- Ability to facilitate recovery information and recovery tools (i.e. WRAP, Recovery Planner, etc.)
- Model personal responsibility, self-advocacy, and hopefulness via telling of own recovery story, how needs are respectfully met, and how a belief in themselves is maintained.
- Cultivate connectedness in the person’s life (self, others, the environment, and to meaning and purpose).
- Maintain a safe client environment by completing safety checks and removing any hazardous objects and recording findings to designated personnel.
- Under direct supervision, may provide supportive services and conduct related activities such as recreation, meal preparation, instruction in daily living skills, etc.
- Responsible for cleaning duties and restocking of supplies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Lived experience as a consumer of mental health services or substance use challenges
- North Carolina Peer Support Specialist Certification required within 6 months
- Familiarity and competency with computers
- Valid driver's license, clean 36 month driving report and proof of auto insurance
We offer a competitive compensation and full benefits package along with a great work culture and environment (benefits offered to full time only).
If you are ready to really make a difference in people's lives and join our team of professionals who care, then take the next step and apply now!
We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, Citizenship status or any other legally protected status.